Here is a list of the main components of OrbisGIS. Except for the map, all these components are considered by OrbisGIS as plugins. So they can be:
- made visible or not (just close the component to hide it),
- resized (using the cursor of your mouse),
- moved (drag & drop the component to a new place in the UI),
- (un)docked (pretty useful if you have a dual screen),
- (un)installed (thanks the plugin manager).
To load a component, check the list in the “Windows” menu (in red in the illustration above) or the “Tools” menu (for the SQL Console).
- Make visible or not the layer with the checkbox (on the left),
- Change the layer name –> make a double-click on the layer. Then change the name and press “Entrer”,
- Change the order of layers –> drag & drop the layer upward or downward,
- Add WMS layers ( ),
- Add a layer group ( ).
Moreover, several features are available via a right-click:
- Show attributes ( ): show the attributes’s table,
- Zoom to the layer ( ): Extended zoom on the layer,
- Import a style ( ), *
- Create a thematic analysis ( ), *
- Edit ( ), delete ( ) or export ( ) an existing style, *
- Remove the layer ( ): Remove the layer from the TOC,
- Start edition ( ): To edit a layer (e.g: add a field, delete an object, …).
* see Cartography.
Specific options allows the user to:
Logs can be copy and paste into a text editor.